My last experience on the TAIL OF THE DRAGON!

 THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON 
I like to call this my second home. My place of freedom and great consequence if you push your limits. 318 turns in 11 miles, is the name of the game. But if you are a regular here you know the drive to the overlook is the best part, mile marker eight and a half. During the day the traffic can be a pain, but I usually use this time to learn as much as I can about this road. I like to try to memorize it and the features that pass with every mile marker sign. All of this adds up to the end result of the KILLER night run. Traffic is at a minimum and the road usually still has some heat in it to help the tires grip in the banked curves. After racing to the top of the mountain you reach the overlook. It makes for a killer camp site, with a morning view you can only get here in the western North Carolina mountains.

The atmosphere during the day is amazing, everyone is in a good mood even for the people whose cars fall victim to the mountain. While yes, The Tail of the Dragon is well known in the automotive enthusiast community, the surrounding roads.... They are AMAZING. You can literally spend an entire day of driving and never get bored of the scenery and the asphalt, Just get out and DRIVE explore!!

Stay safe out there and keep motoring.

IF you have a few minutes just watch me not thinking about anything but just having fun.
 Dragon Night run 91 Mazda Miata


Comments

Popular Posts